Nectar uses small text files called cookies, and other technologies, so that we can improve your online experience - for example by remembering you when you come back to visit us, and making the content you see more relevant to you. Cookies also enable us to track online purchases made through Nectar eShops, so that we can award points on those purchases.
Managing cookies: the cookie consent wizard
We want you to have sight and control over what cookies are being used when you visit our websites.
For this reason we have provided a cookie consent wizard at the bottom of this page, so you can see a complete list of cookies used by our sites, and change your preferences.
A cookie is a piece of information which a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. The browser saves the information and sends it back to the website server whenever the browser returns to the website.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
We use session cookies:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- To compile statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
We use persistent cookies:
- To display your name and points balance each time you access our site (using the "Remember me" cookie).
- To pre-complete your Nectar collector number when you logon to our website (using the "Remember me" cookie).
- We may use other persistent cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to monitor your use of our website. This will allow us to tailor the content of certain areas of our site and offer you promotions that match your preferred interests.
Cookies and Nectar eShops
When you shop through Nectar eShops, a persistent cookie is placed on your computer by the companies who assist us with the operation of Nectar eShops.
This enables Nectar to track any purchases you make with our participating retailers and award points accordingly.
If you do not have such persistent cookies enabled on your computer you will not be able to earn points on your online shopping via nectar.com
Use of web beacons
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
You can change your cookie preferences using our cookie consent wizard at the bottom of this page.
You also have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
You can turn off the "Remember me" persistent cookie (within which we store your Nectar collector number) at any time by visiting the "Your Account" section and selecting "Change data choices" and "online preferences" and then unticking the "Remember me" box.