Have your best Autumn yet and boost your balance with Nectar
Welcome the change of season with open arms and get gathering points with Nectar as Autumn ushers in snug nights, homely interiors, pumpkins, golden hues and cosy knits.
Close the door on the cooler weather and dark evenings with a night at the pictures – without having to leave your sofa. Whether you want to binge-watch the latest drama or catch-up on films you missed out on over the summer, Sky Cinema offers everything you need for a movie night - bar the popcorn - from premieres and blockbusters, to classics and family favourites.
Hunker down and get cosy in the living room in front of the telly whether it’s a box set marathon or a movie binge. By signing up for Sky Entertainment bundle will gain you an extra 10,000 points with your Nectar card – you may want to put them towards a new sofa little cosy updates to your family room.
Get maximum enjoyment out of your living room cinema experience with the best quality HD smart TV. Argos has a huge array of televisions fit for a night in at the movies and with Nectar, you’ll be stocking up with points too.
A cosy night in, wouldn’t be complete without a takeaway and you can pick up more than just pizza at Papa John’s with a side order of Nectar points. Extra pepperoni on that?
Top tips to create a homely haven
Whether you’re looking for a full redesign or a seasonal reboot, Autumn is the ideal time of year to give your home a makeover. Try out our top tips to creating a cosy cocoon at home:
- Paint trends for Autumn combine classical and contemporary, with flourishes of reds, blues and deep burgundies.
- Add a splash of colour with a feature wall from the incredible choice of colours and finishes at Dulux Decorator Centre. You are bound to find something that takes your fancy this season
- Wallpaper is a super chic way to add texture and a homely feel to a room. Wayfair’s huge range offers every style, from floral to textured styles and designs
- Bring a touch of the outside in with a vintage–inspired statement wall, such as this pretty bird cage design print from Argos
Small touches can make just as big an impact:
- Swap out your bed linen from summer whites to warming colours can lift a room into a new season.
- Add cushions or throws in autumnal-toned colours, eBay is a great place to find something seasonal and stylish
- Candles add instant atmosphere and glow to a room once the sun goes down, whether you like fruity fragrances or prefer elegant, earthy scents then Argos has a great selection which won’t break the bank.
Spookily good Halloween
Looking for a scarily good night in on 31 October? And fancy making the most of your Nectar points balance in the process? Why not throwing a terrifying fun Halloween party? It’s so easy with a little imagination and some help from Nectar partners.
To set the scene for a ghoulishly good time, decorate your home with cobwebs, bats, pumpkins, skeletons and eyeballs and serve up a devilish feast with a buffet that has serious bite. Chicken wings, pitta bread, hummus, crisps and dips are all go-to party foods. If you’re feeling creative, have some fun with your food with skeleton gingerbread men, blood-dripped cupcakes, spooky cheese fingers and serve sweets in a carved plastic pumpkin.
No Halloween party would be complete without fancy dress and face paint– for you and the kids. From witches and wizards, skeletons and vampires, Nectar partners have all you need for a monstrously good time.
Autumn all wrapped up
Boots, oversized cardis and cosy jumpers, Autumn fashion is like one big stylish hug. There is an art to dressing at this time of year, striking the perfect balance to match the unpredictable weather.
Layers are an easy way to be prepared for sun or showers. Find that key jumper and layer up with long-sleeve t-shirts and shirts.
This season’s big trend story is colour blocking – think big, bold hues – and Tu Sainsbury has a range of eye-catching Autumn-friendly knits to add an injection of colour into your wardrobe. And you can stock up on Nectar points while you shop too.
Don’t worry - there’s plenty of choice if you prefer to match your clothes to the darker evenings.
And if you need to make room in your wardrobe for all your fab new purchases, why not make an afternoon of it and have a good wardrobe audit by clearing out anything you haven’t worn in over a year? It’s easy and a great way to collect Nectar points:
- Donate to an Oxfam shop ensuring you Tag Your Bag with a personalised tag
- You’ll get 10 points for every £1 your donation raises
Whether you spend the Autumn months kicking through piles of leaves or curling up by the fire, Nectar will ensure it’s a golden season for all.