Nectar Browser Extension
Lets you know which brands you can collect Nectar points with and earn points when you search online.
Nectar Browser Extension reminds you which brands and stores you can collect points with when you shop online.
400+ Brands to choose from!
The best way to get the most out of Nectar
- Powered By Yahoo!, you get 1 point per 2 successful searches
- Works with Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- NO PERFORMANCE issues when you add to your browser
How to collect
- The Nectar Browser Extension powered by Yahoo! is an extension that sits on your browser and helps you to get points when searching on the web or on your purchases online.
- Add the Nectar Browser Extension to your browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and follow the simple installation steps.
- Your extension will then be linked to your account automatically.
If you still have the 'Nectar Toolbar', follow instructions in the FAQs section to upgrade to the new Nectar Browser Extension.
What is the Nectar Browser Extension?
The Nectar Browser Extension is an internet application which allows you to collect Nectar points when searching the web. You will collect 1 point for every 2 valid searches you make, up to a maximum of 200 points per month. The Nectar Browser Extension also informs you when you are on a website where you could be collecting Nectar points, so you will be sure to never miss out.
What are the benefits of using the Nectar Browser Extension?
The Nectar Nectar Browser Extension will help you rack up points even quicker:
- You will collect points just for searching the internet.
- You will be reminded every time you are on a site where you can collect points for your purchases, making sure you go via nectar.com to collect your points.
How many points will I collect?
You will receive 100 points when you first download the Nectar Browser Extension. You will also collect 1 point for every 2 valid searches you make (up to 200 points per month). Finally, if you click on the shopping reminders you will also collect points when shopping online at over 400 brands.
When will I get my points?
Points will be credited to your account within 28 days of the end of each month, although it will often be sooner. So, for example, if you downloaded the extension or did searches in August, those points will be credited to you by the 28th of September at the latest.
How do I install the Nectar Browser Extension?
Please refer to our Nectar Browser Extension installation section for instructions.
What operating systems and browsers is the Nectar Browser Extension compatible with?
Click here for system requirements.
Can I install the extenstion on different computers?
Yes, absolutely. The more computers you install the extension on, the easier it will be for you to collect points and ensure you reach the maximum of 200 points on searches each month. Rest assured, your search balance will be remembered even if you switch browsers or computers regularly - provided you are always logged in to the Nectar Browser Extension with your Nectar card number.
What do I do if others in my household use the same pc and they also want to collect points using the Nectar Browser Extension?
This is a common situation. For this reason, we have a log in and log out option which allows different Nectar collectors to use the same extension, each collecting points on their own account. All you need to do is click on the 'Deactivate' button in the bottom menu of the extension to log one user out, and then enter another Nectar card number to log the next user in. You can do this as many times as you wish, and the extension will remember each collector's search/points balance.
I installed the Nectar Toolbar before, but I've just found out there is a new one? What do I do?
You will need to uninstall the toolbar you already have installed first. To do this in Internet Explorer and Firefox click on the 'Help & Tools' button in the toolbar and select 'Uninstall'. In Chrome, right click on the Nectar icon and select 'Remove from Chrome'. Once you've uninstalled the old one, you can install the new one by clicking on the 'Add to browser' button at the top of this page. For help with installation, please see the FAQ how do I install the Nectar Toolbar?
If I already downloaded the old toolbar will I get points when I download the new one?
Yes, we are offering 100 points for installing the new toolbar, regardless of whether you were using the old one previously or not, to thank you for taking the time to switch.
How long will the old toolbar keep on working for?
The old toolbar will expire very soon, so we recommend you install the new one as soon as possible to keep collecting points. To make it worth your while, we are offering you 100 points for switching.
I already have another company's toolbar installed, but I'd like to install the Nectar Browser Extension too; can I have both?
Yes, it is possible for you to have more than one toolbar installed on your browser at the same time.
Do I have to be logged into nectar.com to download the Nectar Browser Extension?
You don't have to be logged into nectar.com to download the browser extension, but once you have downloaded it you will be prompted to input your Nectar card number in order to activate it. If you aren't prompted, just enter your card number. You will remain logged into the extension with that account, unless you choose to log out (deactivate your card number). If you log out, you won't be collecting points on your searches until you log back in. You can log back in with your own card number or another card number. This allows different Nectar collectors to collect points on their own accounts using the same browser extension, which is very useful for couples and families who share a computer.
Do I have to pay to download and use the Nectar Browser Extension?
No. The Nectar Browser Extension is 100% free to use, and will allow you to collect even more Nectar points for things you do already, like searching and shopping online, which you can then redeem on a range of fantastic rewards.
Will the Nectar Browser Extension install spyware, adware or malware on my computer?
No. The Nectar Browser Extension is free from spyware, adware and malware, and it's also offically approved by all compatible web browser's vendors (Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox).
Will I receive good quality search results?
Absolutely! The Nectar Browser Extension is powered by Yahoo! who are a world leader in search engine technology. You will receive the same search results you would otherwise receive by going to www.yahoo.com but with the added advantage you will be collecting Nectar points!
My Nectar Browser Extension is not showing. What do I do?
It may be that the extension is installed but is hidden or disabled. Please follow the steps below to enable it.
- Open the Firefox menu and choose 'Add-ons'.
- In the add-ons menu click on 'Extensions', find the 'Nectar Browser Extension' and click 'Enable'.
- Restart the browser and the browser extension should appear.
- If the browser extension still does not appear, right click on the home button (in the top right hand corner of your browser), and choose 'Nectar Browser Extension'.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right hand corner of the browser.
- Then click on 'Preferences'.
- A new window will then open, and you should click on the 'Extensions' icon in the top of the window (if not already selected).
- Now find the 'Nectar Browser Extension' and tick the box next to 'Enable Nectar Browser Extension'.
- The browser extension should appear immediately as soon as you do this. If not, try closing and re-opening the browser.
- Click on the menu icon in the top right hand corner of the browser, and then select 'Settings'.
- Find the 'Nectar Browser Extension' and tick the 'Enable' box.
- You should see a Nectar icon appear to the right of your address bar in Chrome as soon as you tick the box. That's the Nectar extension.
If you don't see 'Nectar Browser Extension' when you follow the steps above it means the extension hasn't been properly installed, so please try installing again by clicking on the 'Add to browser' button at the top of this page.
I am having difficulties installing the Nectar Browser Extension. What do I do?
If you are receiving error messages when trying to install the browser extension, you may not have admin privileges on your computer. If you are not the administrator for your machine, you will need to contact the administrator and get them to install the browser extension. If you are the administrator, it may be that the extension was successfully installed but is hidden. See the FAQ My Nectar Browser Extension is not showing. What do I do? or contact us if you are still not able to install successfully.
How do I search the internet with the Nectar Browser Extension?
Open the extension, type in your search term then hit 'enter' on your keyboard. Your search results will appear in the browser window. It's that simple! If you have not modified the custom settings during installation any searches you do in your browser's address bar or search box will also be counted.
Why are my search results coming from Yahoo! Since I installed the Nectar Browser Extension?
Your search results are coming from Yahoo!, because the Nectar Browser Extension is powered by Yahoo! And this is how we are able to give you points for your web searches, as long as you have searched within the extension.
Why is the Nectar Browser Extension telling me my search was invalid? How can I make sure I am doing valid searches?
Only valid searches will qualify you to earn Nectar points. In order for a search to be valid, you have to be in the UK, the query has to be something meaningful or logical, and it must produce results. Queries that originate from automated processes or display non-natural patterns will be identified as invalid and will therefore not accrue points. If you saw a message saying your search was invalid for a query you think should be valid, try amending your search term slightly and then search again.
Why did my searches & points shown on the Nectar Browser Extension get reset to 0?
Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. Every 1st of the month the searches & points counter gets reset to 0 because you can collect a maximum of 200 points on searches per calendar month. This will happen regardless whether you have reached the maximum or not. But don't worry, your points from the previous month will still be credited to your Nectar account.
What are the shopping reminders? How do they work?
Every time you are on a website where you can collect points, an overlay will appear in your browser window, reminding you to go via Nectar.com if you want to collect points on purchases made on that website. If you click on it, you will be redirected to the relevant brand page on Nectar website where your card number will be pre-populated and all you need to do is click on the 'Shop now' button. You will then be directed back to the website which you were on and can proceed with your purchase knowing you will collect points.
Please note that points collected by shopping are awarded according to different timelines than the points collected by searching. See the FAQ When will I get my points? for more details.
Will I receive the shopping reminder for any brand that is part of Nectar.com?
Unfortunately, there are a handful of brands that have chosen not to participate with reminders from the Nectar Browser Extension. However, these are very few.
How do I uninstall the Nectar Toolbar?
We are sorry to hear that you wish to uninstall.
Please refer to our Nectar Browser Extension uninstallation section for instructions.
My question is not here. How can I find the answer?
Click here to contact us and we'll be happy to assist.
|Windows Vista* 7, 8, 10||Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6+)|
|Firefox 47+||Firefox 47+|
|Chrome 25+||Chrome 25+|
Terms and Conditions
†Based on 2012 statistics, where 'toolbar users' are active users (have collected points via the Nectar Toolbar in 2012) they collected on average 47% more points in eShops than collectors who were not using the toolbar. This is looking exclusively at points earned from eShops transactions and is excluding the points for download offer.
The Nectar Browser Extension - our Fair Use Policy
- The bonus points for installing the Nectar Browser Extension are only awarded once per account. This means that if you have multiple collectors on one account and they all install the Nectar Browser Extension, or if the same collector installs several times, the bonus points will only be awarded on the first install.
- The bonus points for installing the Nectar Browser Extension may take up to 28 days to be awarded.
- You will receive 1 Nectar point per 2 valid searches via the the Nectar Browser Extension powered by Yahoo!
- When you first download the Nectar Browser Extension you will be prompted to activate it by entering your Nectar card number. Please enter the last 11 digits of your card number in the box provided so that you are able to collect points when you search online. If you do not enter your Nectar card number on first download, you can do it at any point in the future by clicking on the button that says Help & settings on the Nectar Browser Extension and selecting extension login, but you will not collect points for using the Nectar Browser Extension until this has been done.
- You must be in the UK to collect Nectar points via the Nectar Browser Extension.
- You must do an active and valid search in order to be eligible to receive Nectar points via the Nectar Browser Extension.
- You can collect up to 200 points a month (excluding bonus points).
- Your collection month starts on the 1st of every month and points may take up to 28 days from the end of the month in which you carried out the search to be credited to your account.
- You may only use one Nectar account to collect points via the Nectar Browser Extension.
- Nectar reserves the right to suspend accounts and/or not issue Nectar points if it reasonably believes that the ability to collect points through the the Nectar Browser Extension is being abused.
How to Install the Nectar Browser Extension
The Nectar Browser Extension is currently unsupported on this browser.
How to Uninstall the Nectar Browser Extension
The Nectar Browser Extension is currently unsupported on this browser.