What information will we use?
By participating in the Nectar programme in the United Kingdom (the "Programme"), we will collect and
information about you and any additional collectors within your account ("your information"). This
information includes your registration details, information about the use of your Programme account,
shopping purchases and other information that you give us or that we collect, including about your use of
internet connected devices.
How will your information be used?
We, companies participating in the Programme, and other organisations and service providers that we work with
or partner with from time to time (as described in more detail in the 'Who will we share your
with?' section below), may use your information to:
- operate the Programme, for example to enable you to collect and redeem Points, provide other
programme-related services and ensure that the applicable terms and conditions are observed;
- analyse how you use the Programme and our marketing channels such as our website and our App;
- assess the effectiveness of our marketing activities and the marketing activities we carry out on behalf
of companies participating in the Programme;
- identify the devices you use to access the internet and when interacting with the Programme, and link
such devices to you - for example your use of the Programme App on your tablet or mobile, and your use
of partner Apps or websites which may link to the Programme; and
- understand your behaviour based on the information available to us and to send or show you information,
offers, surveys and online advertisements for the products or services which we believe are most likely
to interest you.
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information within the Sainsbury's Group (which can be found here on
and with the companies participating in the Programme and their group companies. A list of the Programme's
participating companies is available on www.nectar.com. We may also share your information with:
- other organisations and service providers (which includes the other members of the Sainsbury's
that we work with or partner with from time to time including, for example: third party websites,
analytics providers and advertising and media companies to enable them to show you adverts or offers
which may interest you, including online, and mailing houses so that we can send you information or
offers in the post;
- our professional advisors;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe
this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or
the rights of any third party; and
- any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and
business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the
entity to which we transfer your information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
We promise we'll never share your details with anyone else
Transferring your information internationally
Your personal information may be transferred internationally. You can find out more in the full version of our
Your choices and rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information, and can make a number of choices about how we
collect and use it. For example, you can decide not to receive marketing material from us, tell us how you want
to receive marketing communications from us, and object to some of the ways in which we use your information.
Who we are
We are Nectar Loyalty Limited, a company registered in England under number 4224736. Our registered office is at
6th Floor, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN. We are the Data Controller. We are owned by the Sainsbury's Group.
Get in touch by contacting the Data Protection Officer in writing at Freepost RRXL-TGET-CGZX, Nectar, Clipper Boulevard,
Dartford, DA2 6QB, or you can contact the Programme contact centre on 0344 811 0811 to raise any questions or concerns.
We protect your information, our business depends on it.