Collect 10x points and save over 50% when you book in advance at GWR*. Go on a Great Western Adventure.
Whether its London, South Wales or the South West, explore the best of Britain by train with GWR.
Explore some of our most popular destinations and start planning your trip:-
Bath: The entire city of Bath is a World Heritage Site. With its stunning buildings, popular attractions and a fantastic choic of places to eat and drink, it’s a great place for a day trip, weekend or even a longer stay. Make sure the historic Roman Baths are top of your itinerary. Average duration time of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Travel between London and Bath from as little as £14.50 each way.
Bristol: The capital of the South West of England is less than a couple of hours away from London and has a rich maritime history. From museums to bars and restaurants, the Harbour side is packed with things to do including We The Curious, a hands-on science museum that's fantastic fun for all the family.
Travel between London and Bristol from as little as £15 each way.
Cardiff: The Welsh capital has so much to offer visitors, with many attractions and sights within walking distance of Cardiff Central station. No matter what the reason for your visit, you’ll find plenty to enjoy, from walks along the waterfront to gigs, concerts and great food and drink. Average duration time of 2 hours and 5 minutes.
Travel between London and Cardiff from as little as £18.50 each way.
* Save up to 50% AP savings correct as of January 2018. Average saving calculated by comparing Standard Class Advance Single ticket prices to the equivalent price of a Standard Class Super Off-Peak ticket bought on the day of travel.
Terms and Conditions
Collect 10x Nectar points on eligible train tickets bought online through any of the following train companies which, together with FirstGroup PLC shall herein be referred to as “FirstGroup”:
- Great Western Railway
- Transpennine Express
- South Western Railway
You must link your Nectar card number to the 'My Account' section at one of the FirstGroup train companies shown to collect points on train tickets bought online. Once you have linked your card, you will be eligible to collect 2 points per £1.
1. Train tickets bought through any of our assisted travel helplines will qualify for Nectar points.
2. Bookings for group travel that cannot be completed online will not qualify for Nectar points.
3. Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible for ensuring the details they enter are correct.
4. Points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets.
5. If you receive a refund, any Nectar points collected will be deducted from your Nectar account within 28 days. Deductions for multiple tickets are calculated on the individual ticket price. You will not be eligible to retain Nectar points in respect of any fee payable in relation to a refund.
6. Points cannot currently be redeemed on any of the FirstGroup websites
7. All FirstGroup companies reserve the right to:
withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted by FirstGroup:
- in error - as solely determined by Nectar and/or FirstGroup (for example if the Nectar logo was mistakenly displayed on the view item page of an excluded item);
- in the case of any fraudulent activity;
- withhold or delay issuing Nectar points; or change these terms at any time.
- Your continued use of your linked account following notice of such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of any such change. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly to determine whether these terms and conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the terms and conditions, then you must immediately stop using your linked account.
- When you receive points from any FirstGroup train company, you agree to abide by the Nectar collector rules.
8. Delivery charges may apply to online purchases for postal delivery. Free ticket collection is available at selected stations.
9. You agree that, except for death and personal injury arising from the negligence of FirstGroup, FirstGroup shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions.
10. FirstGroup shall have the right to immediately terminate these terms and conditions and/or suspend the use of your linked account if you commit a breach of these terms and conditions.
11. Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances and shall remain in force notwithstanding the termination of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned.
12. No waiver by FirstGroup shall be construed as a waiver of any breach of any provision of these terms and conditions.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby irrecoverably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court. Residents of Scotland may also bring proceedings within a Scottish court of law.