Nectar collector rules
We will set up a Nectar Account to record points earned or redeemed by each Primary Collector. A Primary Collector can allow other people (“Additional Collectors”) to have rights (subject to all of the provisions of these terms) to collect and use points on his/her Nectar Account but the Primary Collector will be responsible for the actions of such Additional Collectors. Additional Collectors must register their details with us and we may not allow them to use points unless they do so. When applying for a Nectar Card a Primary Collector will receive his/her card and one additional card. We may charge a Primary Collector a small fee in points or cash for further additional cards.
- All Primary Collectors and Additional Collectors must have a resident UK, Channel Island or Isle of Man address. Changes of address must be notified to us. Primary Collectors must be over 18. Additional Collectors must also be over 18 except where they are on the Nectar Account of their parent or legal guardian and the relevant Primary Collector is responsible for them and accepts they may redeem points for Rewards.
- If a Primary Collector wants to change the Additional Collectors on his/her Nectar Account this must be notified to us. An Additional Collector cannot make such changes to a Nectar Account.
- Nectar has Sponsors through whom you earn points. We award points when one of our Sponsors tells us a Primary Collector or Additional Collector has undertaken a relevant transaction with them. Nectar Suppliers are companies with whom a Primary Collector or Additional Collector can redeem points to obtain goods and services or discounts ("Rewards"). These participating companies may change - an up to date list of Sponsors and Suppliers is available from us at any time. Sponsors determine the particular transactions on which points can be earned and the number of points to be earned. There is a set number of points needed to obtain a Reward. Each of these will change but in most cases there will be a base offer with further bonus offers that come and go. We cannot control every specific change in the participating companies or their offers but we will ensure that while Nectar is in operation a range of offers is available.
- All Rewards are subject to availability. Transactions on which points are earned or redeemed are made directly with the relevant Sponsor or Supplier and we have no responsibility for the delivery, standard, quality or otherwise of any goods and services received or supplied or the failure of a Supplier to honour a redemption or make a specific Reward available. These transactions and all Rewards are subject to all applicable legal rules and the terms and conditions (including booking requirements, cancellation restrictions, return conditions, warranties and limitations of liability) of the Sponsor or Supplier. When points are redeemed we may act as intermediary between the relevant Primary Collector or Additional Collector and the Supplier and we will do what we can to ensure such Rewards are supplied by the relevant Supplier. Our General Rewards Conditions will apply to any Rewards booked with us or directly with the Supplier and these are available from us.
- Points will be earned for transactions using a Nectar Payment Card in accordance with the card issuer’s terms. points are earned for purchases with any other Sponsor if a Primary Collector or Additional Collector presents his/her Nectar Card (or, for on-line or telephone transactions, the required information) before entering into a transaction on which such other Sponsor offers points. If a Primary Collector or Additional Collector uses a Nectar Payment Card with another Sponsor and wants to earn points from that Sponsor as well as the card issuer, such Primary Collector or Additional Collector will also need to present his/her Nectar Card.
- Points cannot be redeemed until credited to a Nectar Account. Sponsors will take different periods to notify us of points to be credited (e.g. points on use of a Nectar Payment Card may only be notified to us monthly after appearing on the card statement). We are not responsible for a failure, delay or error by a Sponsor notifying us of points to be credited.
- Points have no expiry date but are lost if the relevant Nectar Account is closed or the Nectar programme ends. Where points are redeemed for a Voucher carrying a specified cash discount or benefit, the Voucher will have an expiry date specified on it and will be subject to any other terms and conditions stated on the Voucher or otherwise publicised.
- Redeemed points cannot be used again. If a transaction on which points are issued or redeemed is cancelled, reversed or not completed, we will reverse the associated points movement when instructed by the relevant Sponsor or Supplier. If insufficient points are available, or we suspect fraud or misconduct, Rewards may be refused or cancelled.
- A Primary Collector who continues to collect will get a regular update of the points position as we know it on the date we issue the update in respect of his/her Nectar Account including the points collected and redeemed by such Primary Collector and any Additional Collector collecting on such Nectar Account. Account information is also available from us and an Additional Collector can access the points balance in respect of a Nectar Account and details of the points earned or redeemed by him/her. We will correct a Nectar Account if it is shown to our reasonable satisfaction to be wrong but, unless there are clear records showing this, our decision is final.
- Points are personal to a Nectar Account and cannot normally be transferred. However, a Primary Collector with no Additional Collectors can merge his/her points with those in another Nectar Account having the same address and so become an Additional Collector on such account. A Primary Collector with Additional Collectors cannot do this. points can only be transferred from a Nectar Account to another Nectar Account on death or divorce if adequate evidence of the legal division of points is given to us.
- Points can only be earned, held, transferred or redeemed as set out in these Rules. Any other use, award, sale, exchange or transfer of points, or attempt to do so, is a serious breach of these Rules. Any points not earned and held in accordance with these Rules will be invalid and cannot be redeemed for Rewards. Any such points on a Nectar Account will be deducted and, if they are redeemed, we will ask the Supplier to cancel the relevant Rewards and we may take other appropriate action. points from more than one Nectar Account cannot be combined to redeem for the same Reward. points have no cash value.
- If you forget to swipe your Nectar card at Sainsbury’s tills, simply present your receipt at the Customer Service Desk in store with your Nectar card. Points for general shopping can be added up to 14 days after the date on the receipt. If you forgot to use a voucher at Sainsbury’s, provided you’ve met the criteria for the extra points, take the voucher and your receipt to the Customer Service Desk in store within 14 days from the date on the receipt and they will be happy to help.
- Anyone issued with a Nectar Card for a Nectar Account can redeem points from that account for any available Reward, unless the Primary Collector notifies us a particular Additional Collector is not authorised to redeem. The Primary Collector is responsible for any redemption by Additional Collectors and, in particular, for deciding whether anyone under 18 can redeem. If a Primary Collector wants to cancel a redemption made by an Additional Collector, s/he should ask us as soon as possible and we will do this where we reasonably can. Security questions may be asked when a redemption is made or a Voucher is issued. All Rewards redeemed on a Nectar Account which are sent by post will be sent to the latest address we have for the Primary Collector.
- Nectar Cards are our property and must be returned to us on request or destroyed when no longer valid for use. The Primary Collector is responsible for the security of all Nectar Cards issued on his/her Nectar Account and all Vouchers issued on that account. If a Nectar Card is lost or the holder thinks an unauthorised person has become aware of any security code, password or account number, they should contact the Nectar Customer Service Centre immediately. Vouchers should be treated like cash. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use of points or any lost or stolen Vouchers.
- We may close any Nectar Account on which no points have been earned or redeemed for a continuous period of at least 12 months. We may also, on notifying the Primary Collector, immediately suspend or terminate the rights of any Primary Collector or any Additional Collector, and/or close any relevant Nectar Account, if they breach these Rules, if we reasonably believe that they have dealt with points in a manner not permitted by these Rules or any applicable Sponsor's terms and conditions, if there is any theft from or misconduct in connection with us, any Sponsor or Supplier, if they supply false or misleading information to us or if they are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff. A Collector can close his/her Nectar Account at any time by notifying us. If a Nectar Account is closed everyone’s rights to redeem points from that Nectar Account are lost.
- We may make changes to these Rules and will give the Primary Collector as much notice as we reasonably can. Earning or redeeming points on a Nectar Account will constitute acceptance of the revised Rules. We may suspend or terminate Nectar but will give as much notice as we reasonably can before we do so. If this happens all Nectar Accounts will be suspended or terminated. If we sell or transfer Nectar to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these Rules without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information we hold about Primary Collectors and Additional Collectors to a prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer will not alter the rights of such Primary Collectors and Additional Collectors in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company.
- Additional Collectors are third parties for the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act. Our only responsibilities with respect to Nectar are set out in these Rules which are subject to English law. We will only be liable to a Primary Collector who suffers loss as a result of our breach of these Rules and, if so, our sole liability will be to credit to the relevant Nectar Account any points which have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. These Rules shall not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. These Rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Nectar Business Rules
- Every business joining Nectar Business will be the Primary Collector on a Nectar Account in the name of that business and must authorise an individual to manage and operate the Nectar account on its behalf (the Business Contact Person). The business will ensure that the Business Contact Person is aware they have been so authorised and that their details have been provided. All points earned on that Nectar account will accrue to the business. The business can change the Business Contact Person at any time in accordance with the procedures notified by Nectar Loyalty Ltd from time to time.
- Nectar Loyalty Ltd may rely absolutely on acts or omissions of the Business Contact Person and any Additional Collectors who may be authorised to collect points on that Nectar Account. The business will not make any claim against Nectar Loyalty Ltd as a result of, and will be responsible to Nectar Loyalty Ltd for the consequences of, Nectar Loyalty Ltd relying upon the Business Contact Person in relation to the account.
- A business can transfer points held in a Nectar account in the name of that business to any other Nectar account.
- All points earned on an existing Nectar account signed up to Nectar Business by an existing Nectar Collector will continue to accrue to the Primary Collector on that Nectar account. The Primary Collector on that Nectar account may receive special Nectar Business offers and access to special Nectar Business rewards.
- Points can only be earned on business expenditure by a Nectar Collector who incurs that expenditure. An employee cannot normally collect points for their personal Nectar account on money spent by their employer. See the Help section for details.
You can contact us by logging onto our web-site or by calling the Nectar Helpline or writing to the Nectar Customer Service Centre. We may record calls to check the quality of our services or for training, audit or security purposes.
Nectar Loyalty Ltd is a company registered in England under company number 4224736 whose registered office is at 80 Strand, 6th Floor, London WC2R 0NN.