Go places with Nectar Shopping Smarts
Whether you’re planning a Great British staycation or looking to go further afield (when it’s safe to do so, of course), we’ve put together some top shopping and planning tips to make the process of finding some rest and relaxation just as restful and relaxing.
Please make sure you check current government guidance before any travel.
What a difference a day makes
We’ve all come to appreciate what’s on our doorstep a bit more, and luckily in the UK you’re never that far away from fresh air and open space. Just because you don’t have a whole week to escape from everyday life doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in a bit of exploring. If you’re looking for just one day out, head online to discover what’s within 60 minutes’ travelling time from your home.
Lonely Planet, Visit Britain and other local travel info sites can be great places to look for inspiration, and you’ll almost certainly discover a hidden gem you never knew existed.
Remember to check that any attractions you’re planning on visiting are open. Social media pages are the best place to get the very latest information from many businesses.
Meet the mini-mini break
For a last-minute break, choose somewhere close by so you don’t spend your valuable relaxation time travelling. Just a night or two away can have all the rejuvenating qualities of a holiday abroad if you find the right hotel to unwind in.
If you’re looking for inspiration for a short break near you, check out Nectar Hotels. You can search by location and star rating to make sure your mini staycation is the kind of luxury experience that’ll make you feel a million miles away from real life, even if it’s just down the road. Book any hotel via the website, and you’ll also collect serious points, with up to 2,000 for every night’s booking.
Head to the hills
If you do want to make a week of it, the UK is bursting with countryside for both the expert and the novice adventurer to explore. Finding a holiday that offers something for everyone in your family is key, and Derbyshire’s Peak District offers just that.
Here you’ll find attractions like historic Chatsworth House for the grown-ups, the Peaks of Abraham cable cars for the thrill-seekers, and Peak Wildlife Park for the little ones. Or if you prefer the open air, you’ll find the area full of diverse landscapes, from rugged hills to calm reservoirs to suit every walker and fitness level.
Points from A to B
Getting to your holiday spot is another opportunity to collect points. Whether you fill up with petrol at an Esso station or book a rail ticket with Avanti West Coast, GWR or Transpennine Express, you can boost your points balance as you travel.
And don’t forget with any holiday, you’ll need travel insurance. Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance helps keep you covered in case of the unexpected, and annual policies* qualify for double Nectar points on your Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel**.
*Underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE
**Double Nectar points
- Only available to customers buying a Sainsbury's Bank Annual Travel Insurance policy
- You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase
- Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us
- Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums
- Each Nectar account can only collect points from one travel insurance policy
- It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service
- By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points
- Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available
- We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
*Just a heads up, the tips and tricks in this series are not exclusive to Nectar. Follow at your own risk.