Take collecting Nectar points up a notch with Shopping Smarts
Things have certainly been a bit, well, different lately. Many of us have picked up a new hobby during lockdown as a way of passing the time, from gardening to knitting and everything in between. With normal life resuming once more, hopefully your new-found love of crochet will carry on. While we’re on the subject of hobbies, though, let us introduce you to one you’re hopefully already familiar with: collecting (and spending) those Nectar points.
We’ve put together ten great ways of collecting Nectar points, so you can boost your balance far beyond your weekly grocery shop. The hardest part will be deciding how to treat yourself with all those extra points…
1. If you’re making a big-ticket purchase, you could be in for a serious points pay out. eBay is part of the Nectar family, so you get points for every pound you spend, and it’s the perfect place to find a great deal on brand new gadgets, like laptops and headphones.
2. Don’t forget about those services you renew annually, like home, car and travel insurance. Head to Sainsbury’s Bank and you won’t just get insurance premiums; you’ll get even more points on your Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel* depending on how many qualifying Sainsbury’s Bank products you take out.
3. Switch your gas and electricity supplier to Sainsbury’s Energy and you’ll get a healthy Nectar points bonus when you join, plus extra points on every Sainsbury’s shop**. It’s easy to check your usage and send meter readings online, and with fixed prices for the life of your tariff, it’s one simple switch that’ll make life that little bit easier.
4. If you’re considering the best credit card for you, why not go for one that rewards you with Nectar points? The American Express® Nectar Credit Card gives you two points for every £1 you spend – whether that’s with a Nectar partner or not – on top of the points you’d pick up anyway with Nectar partners***. Plus, you’ll collect 20,000 Nectar points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months of Card membership****.
5. Get personalised Sainsbury’s offers based on your individual shopping habits via the Nectar app. Save the offers you want to use in-store or online, and take advantage of the chance to collect more points and other great savings as you shop your favourites.
6. The Nectar app is also the place to find regular competitions to win anything up to a whopping one million points – think of the spending spree you could have with that.
7. Another reason to get the app? As well as bonus point offers and your account balance, you’ll always be able to access your digital card, so you won’t have to carry a physical card in your wallet.
8. You can collect Nectar points in more places than you think. Whether you fancy a brand-new look or a night in with a takeaway, head to the app to check out over 300 online partners, including TK Maxx, Just Eat and Groupon.
9. Whether you’re working from home, your workplace or a blend of both, make sure you order your crucial stationery, office supplies and tech equipment from our Nectar business partner, Viking. You’ll be surprised by how quickly you’ll build your points balance on workplace essentials. Find out more about how Nectar can help your business
10. Did you know you can get Nectar points just for sharing your thoughts? Nectar Canvass awards you points for filling in online surveys on everything from last night’s TV to your favourite things to eat. https://www.nectarcanvass.rn-partner.com/
Got a top tip of your own? Let us know using the hashtag #NectarShoppingSmarts.
Terms & Conditions
*Sainsbury's Bank Double Nectar points T&C's
Offer available to customers buying a new qualifying Sainsbury’s Bank policy.
You need to add your Nectar card number to your quote; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you add your Nectar card number after your cover start date, double points begin on the date you add it.
Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
Each Nectar account can only collect points from one qualifying insurance policy.
It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
** Terms & conditions apply – go to www.sainsburysenergy.com for more details. Only available to new customers switching to Sainsbury’s Energy. Energy bills are calculated based on unit price plus your consumption. Number of Nectar points allocated is dependent on chosen tariff. Information correct as of 20th April 2021
*** Collect 2 points for every £1 spent on your Nectar Credit Card (except for purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom, where you will earn points at the rate of 1 point for every full £1) and a minimum of 1 point on your Nectar loyalty card at most participating Nectar partners. Different points levels apply as the base earn rate on the Nectar loyalty card varies with different partners. See nectar.com for details.
**** 20,000 bonus points will be added to your Account once you have been approved and a minimum of £2,000 has been spent and charged to the Account within three months of account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change, and can be withdrawn at any time. “I understand that I will not be eligible for any welcome bonus offer if I hold or have held any personal American Express Cards in the past 24 months.”
*Just a heads up, the tips and tricks in this series are not exclusive to Nectar. Follow at your own risk.